The summit continued with a group of newly certified Alteryx Analytic Certified Experts – ACEs. As always with a panel I will just try and capture a few nuggets in no particular order or structure:
- The combination of Tableau and Alteryx, in geospatial analysis for instance, is more powerful than either independently. In particular Tableau benefits from the data blending capabilities of Alteryx.
- “Win” on day zero with an ability to get benefits from Alteryx almost immediately – creating something valuable without a big upfront cost. It’s got a lot of capabilities but it is focused and easy to learn.
- Iteration is central – can get started quickly with a simple solution and then iterate and improve it quickly. A more agile, iterative environment.
- The users are business people, business analysts, not IT people.
- Alteryx replaced a whole bunch of code-centric products with a single, code-free environment.
- They find Alteryx very intuitive to use, easy to learn by doing.
- Very high ROI – 100x from one for instance.
- The transparent (and lower) pricing helps reduce red-tape, speeds approval and makes it easier to get started.
- As a consultant, one finds that an initial meeting is enough to get solutions to real problems developed and prove the value.
- It should relax – while Alteryx does allow business users to work around IT they are, in fact, already doing so and Alteryx makes it quicker, easier and better documented.
- Some IT organizations are starting to become drivers for adoption as they seek out new tools to empower their business users.
- Most of these projects are not using “Big Data” but pulling together several data sources for rapid value.
- No sense that Alteryx’s technology has limitations – projects working with large number of rows (millions or even billions of rows) work fine with hardware limits being hit first.
- Even if the desired solution is not a good fit (real-time decisions say) it is often effective to prototype in Alteryx to see how to it should work.
Great panel – clearly believers in Alteryx with lots of positive results between them.