A client of mine – Fiserv in Norcross GA – is looking a Decision Management Architect. This individual will be required to:
- Partner with Fiserv Business Units and 3rd parties/partners to lead and facilitate the definition of a robust & scalable technical architecture foundation for the solution that would meet business requirements and vision of the initiative– for the short-term and for the long-term.
- Ensure that the definition is holistic and includes all key components of the solution (including alignment of infrastructure footprint & integration, application integration aspects, security & other regulatory compliance aspects, alignment with Data integration & transformation, BI/DSS reporting, operational processes, and solution-related technical and operational governance).
- Work with the Business Modeling team and Business Analysts in the BU to fully understand the business requirements
- Work with the Solution (Data) Architects and Solution (Technical/Infrastructure) Architect on the initiative to understand the data and infrastructure integration requirements as well as their proposed respective architecture definitions.
- Own, articulate and document the overall technical solution architecture including all components
- Identify solution architecture options, and provide recommendations based on cost-benefit analysis
- Identify risks with chosen solution approach, and propose mitigation strategies and plans
- Work with all involved teams and the Solution Technical architect to map the infrastructure foot prints and required CapEx investments – for short-term and long-term solution
- Understand the IT Governance process and standards in the company around data and data integration, and ensure that the suggested solution and processes are in compliance
- Remain available as the consultant to all the implementation project teams during the full course of implementation – for Q&A on defined Solution Architecture, for review/approval for ant key design changes down the line, and for augmentation /enhancement of the Solution Architecture definition per any new requirements.
- Assist the BU team, from an overall Solution Architecture perspective, in developing the service offering around the solution
All in the context, of course, of a decision management initiative.
They are looking for someone with over 15 years of experience in doing enterprise-level solution architecture, with past 8-10 years on large strategic decision support systems and data analytics/BI initiatives. This individual should have a fair understanding of application and infrastructure integration engineering, and a project management/discipline bent of mind. This individual should be able to think outside of the box to identify or define elegant technical BI solutions to improve productivity and bring simplicity to the solution for complex business problem.
Skills and experience requirements include:
- Subject-Matter-Expertise on Solution Architecture definition process, methodologies and tools
- Subject-matter-Expertise of Data Integration Architecture, Business Analytics, and Business Intelligence solutions in Financial industry
- Ability to analyze solution requirements and lead the definition of a technical solution all key components (infrastructure, application, data, process, security, etc)
- Fairly good understanding of IT Operational processes & post-production support
- Excellent communications, consulting, and client relationship skills. Must be able to clearly communicate complex technical and business concepts, both to clients (internal or external) and to team members, and to negotiate change
- Ability to interface at various levels of Fiserv organization as well as Fiserv’s Client organization to present technical footprint options and budget needs, and guide them to the recommended option based on industry best practices, ROI and TCO aspects
- Deep commitment and ability to be very responsive to the leading BU’s and/or their client’s business needs, constraints, and tight timelines, while also managing their expectations for realistic cost and timeliness for this solutioning effort
- Ability to balance between the ideal solution and the business/ customer needs – short-term and long-term
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to adapt and change priorities as the business needs change
- Fairly good knowledge of data architecture standards, and infrastructure standards at Fiserv or at an organization of similar size outside of Fiserv
And, while they didn’t say it, I am sure it won’t hurt if you tell them you read my blog 🙂 Here’s the link to the Fiserv careers page.