Table of contents for Analytics Capability Landscape
- New research on identifying the right analytic capabilities for success
- Analytics Capability Landscape: The importance of decisions
- Analytics Capability Landscape: Decision-led
- Analytics Capability Landscape: Role-centric
- Analytics Capability Landscape: Style-based
I have recently completed some research on the increasingly broad portfolio of analytic capabilities available today. These capabilities range from traditional Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities like reporting and ad-hoc query to modern visualization and data discovery capabilities as well as data mining and advanced analytics. These capabilities are often presented as part of a maturity curve, where enterprise customers are expected to keep moving “up” the curve to get more value.
In fact my research suggests that enterprises adopt these technologies in different sequences and ultimately need a mix of these capabilities. Most, if not all, enterprises have a real business need for all of them. The questions they must answer are:
- What situations need which capabilities?
- Who is the target user for these capabilities?
- And how can this portfolio of capabilities be managed most effectively in an era of Big Data?
The research is now published as a report – The Analytics Capabilities Landscape Research Report – and an associated Infographic. Register now to download this free report and infographic for answers to these key questions to help your planning and purchase decisions now and in the coming months.