I gave a webinar with AllAnalytics on “Using Predictive Analytics: Secrets to Creating a Successful Predictive Enterprise” last week and Shawn Hessinger has just published a nice blog post with a summary. The recorded webinar is here and the slide are below and on SlideShare. As I said in the presentation I believe there are 5 key elements to becoming a predictive enterprise:
- A focus on Predictive Analytics not reporting and dashboards
- Managing and automating decisions, not just making and presenting predictions
- Supporting the three legged stool of business, analytics and IT
- Going beyond “Aha!” moments to focus on continuous improvement of operational decisions
- Industrializing analytics by focusing on scale, repeatability and managability.