We are announcing the full results of our Predictive Analytics in the Cloud survey next week (Thursday, 10am Pacific) and will be making the results available also as a white paper at the same time. You can register on SmartData Collective for access to the white paper when it is published and for other deliverables including a new podcast on sneak peak results. I thought I would give everyone a sneak peek of some interesting results.
- One of the questions we asked was about the top outcomes of using predictive analytics. Improved targeting/allocation of resources was widely cited and frankly that was a bit of a surprise.
- All five of the scenarios – cloud-based predictive analytic solutions (decisions as a service), cloud-based deployment of predictive analytics into SaaS applications, cloud based deployment of predictive analytics to on-premise applications, using cloud-based data in modeling and pushing modeling to the cloud – were seen as powerful.
- Decision Management was clearly an important element for successful analytic adopters. Among those transformed by predictive analytics a whopping 2/3 tightly integrate their predictive analytics with day to day operations!
- Companies with more history of analytic success also placed a higher value on less volatile data than those with less experience.
- More experience with predictive analytics does not make people more tolerant of “black box” models
- Transaction based pricing – pay as you go – unexpectedly did not score highly as a motivation for cloud solutions.
See you on Thursday for more.