Humana is looking for a Technology Manager to manage the Clinical Business Rules Team in Louisville, KY. They are looking for “a self-starter and a proven leader” who would “enjoy using your technical knowledge to help empower your team to identify and resolve organizational issues”. Role has 12-25 direct reports and reports to a Technology Director. Specifically:
Act as a liaison between multiple business and technology areas, assisting both internally and externally with the assessment, procurement and implementation of technology solutions. You will also lead and guide others in providing integrated service to and for associates and partners, addressing barriers cross-functionally.
- Manage the design and maintenance of projects at all levels of complexity—including installation, customization, documentation, debugging and performance tuning—which will have enterprise-wide ramifications
- Oversee projects and processes designed to create and refine corporate best practices and standards
- Lead the effort to re-tool Humana for identifying management and associate provisioning, while maintaining current service level objectives
- Assist in the development and execution of departmental strategic plans and objectives
- Builds Human Capital: You deliver current, direct, complete and actionable feedback to associates to support continuous learning and growth; while ensuring that diverse perspectives are widely held, modeled and promoted. By selecting, deploying, developing and rewarding diverse talent, you are able to foster Humana’s strategy and meet business requirements.
- Communication: You actively listen to others to understand their perspective and ensure continuous understanding regardless of communication channel or audience.
- Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem solving without taking over.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Experience in leading and developing a Rules Development team
- Strong technical background (degree in computer science or similar)
- IT management experience, solid background in a defined SDLC
- BLAZE Platform Experience
- Clear record of consistent delivery
- Directly applicable IT experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field or Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Prior experience in the health solutions industry
- Experience implementing solutions that identify members for clinical guidance and drive clinical guidance messages to both members and providers
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the nation’s largest publicly traded health benefits companies. Humana offers a diversified portfolio of health insurance products and related services – through traditional and consumer-choice plans – to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals. Today, Humana is a leader in consumer engagement. Throughout its diversified customer portfolio, the company provides guidance that can both help lower costs and lead to a better health plan experience.
If you are interested, check out https://humana.recruitmax.com/eng/careerportal/Job_Profile.cfm?szOrderID=39534 or go to www.humana.com/careers and look for position ID 39534